TVA Heat Pump Loan Program is one of the best ways for you and your family to help lower your utility bills in Nashville.
An electric heat pump is the most comfortable and efficient way to heat and cool your home. In hot weather it keeps you pleasantly cool, and in cold weather it circulates warm air evenly throughout every room.
BUYING A SYSTEM
There’s a lot to consider when you’re buying a heating and cooling system through the TVA heat pump loan program:
- Types of heat pump. Air source, dual-fuel, geothermal — read about the benefits of each type.
- Choosing a contractor. These professionals have a proven track record of successful installations.
- Selecting a system. Cost, size and ductwork construction will influence your decision.
- Financing. The Energy Right Solutions Heat Pump Program can make a new electric heat pump more affordable than ever. You can have your low monthly payments added to your electric bill and take up to 10 years to pay for your system. Check with your local power company for details.
MAINTAINING AN HVAC SYSTEM
These tips will help you keep your heating and cooling system running efficiently:
- Change air filters monthly.
- Get a professional tune-up of your heating and cooling system annually to keep it running as efficiently as possible.
- Have your ductwork inspected and repair any leaks.
- Keep your outside condenser unit clean and clear of vegetation, debris or weeds. Mow grass away from the condenser in the summer and keep the fan grill free of leaves in the fall.
- Shade your condenser unit if possible. You will save energy if your unit is processing cooler air.
- Ductwork in low-energy homes is placed inside the conditioned space, which prevents heat transfer from or to the ducts. If your ductwork runs through non-conditioned space, be sure it is insulated.
- Operate your system with energy saving in mind. Raise the temperature settings in the summer and lower them in the winter.